audrey says ::


"i believe in over dressing. i believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. i believe in kissing, kissing a lot. i believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. i believe that happy people are the prettiest people. i believe that tomorrow is new day and i believe in miracles."

Sunday, September 11, 2011

voyage to a new city!!

... how fantastic !!

this weekend i got to visit DC with the Iarc 2nd year studio! it was my first time there AND also my first time traveling by myself!! we went for a class trip to the Smithsonian, but i arrived a day early and got to explore the city on my own.

i drove about 250 miles to the city and got to stay in the most fabulous hotel room all by myself !!

i DIE for the OMNI SHOREHAM HOTEL!!
it was absolutely gorgeous! huge room, bathroom, closet, 
everything and with room service too ... 
FABULOUS!
after going GAGA over my hotel room i decided to put my 
TOM TOMS on and explore the city! the first thing i stumbled 
on was a gorgeous row of town homes (above) ...

for now ill just daydream that my 'brick tree house' 
(below) is nestled in between those classic beauties.
after a pit stop at one of the 20 million starbucks in the city, i was 
aimlessly wondering about ... then i randomly turned my head 
to the right and BAAMMM there's the White House!

the biggest smile was slapped on my face! my first time seeing the 
White House was incredible. i'm drawn to politics in any way, 
but standing right where i took this picture (above) gave me goosebumps!
when i was right next to the gate at the White House i turned 
around and snapped a shot of all the people behind me.
that's a monstrous "WOO-WOO!"
walking up to the Washington Monument was another 
spectacular moment. what a Beautiful day!
the World War II Memorial was breathtaking. absolutely beautiful!
unfortunately the reflecting pool is undergoing reconstruction.
but even in its disarray, being there was a great moment 
and still was a fantastic site to see.
up next - the Lincoln Memorial ...
seeing the statue of Abraham Lincoln was Spectacular.
i got shivers walking around this space and reading his speech 
engraved on the walls beside him. i don't know how many 
other ways i can say that it was a beautiful moment ... 
but it was a Beautiful Moment!
standing at the top of these steps took my breath away!
imagining all the great people who have stood where i was 
standing remarkable and another moment i won't forget!!
the only off putting thing about the city was that a lot places were 
undergoing reconstruction. like the National Treasury (above) 
gorgeous buildings were blocked off from everyone.

... but then i remembered the White House and i smiled again !!

No comments:

Post a Comment